Hartenstein Funeral & Cremation Care, Inc., New Freedom, PA
Our firm is looking to add a talented, experienced, and compassionate Funeral Director Apprentice to our staff. This full-time paid internship is a great opportunity for a graduate, or potential graduate, of an accredited mortuary science program to obtain the required one-year internship to become a licensed funeral director. As a privately-owned funeral home located in southern York County with two locations and an on-site crematory, our company companions over three hundred families a year.
Our funeral directors work together to create a seamless and meaningful experience for the families that have placed their trust in us. We have two teams of funeral directors that alternate working on call every other weekend and, in addition, each funeral director takes on-call responsibility for one evening a week. We offer both weekends and weekdays off each month, ensuring a good work/life balance. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively, manage relationships with those you serve and work with while also handling the pressures of managing details within our ever-changing profession. The potential candidate should have a willingness to learn and grow with our organization.
Under the supervision of a licensed funeral director, key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Ensures that client families are educated and presented with all merchandising and service options available.
– Obtains information needed to complete required documents such as obituaries, death certificates, burial permits, and insurance.
– Utilizes software platform to document merchandise selections, enter contracts, and complete necessary forms.
– Prepares and embalms the deceased for viewings and services, cremation, or other disposition in conformity with legal requirements and with the utmost respect and dignity.
– Utilizes PPE and adheres to relevant operational and safety procedures.
– Dresses, applies cosmetics, and performs casketing duties.
– Stocks and assists in cleaning the preparation room.
– Works on-call /first-call as directed.
– Open to learning to operate a crematory and become certified.
– Ability to lift or move objects weighing between 75-125 lbs.
– Performs all other related functions as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
– Ideal candidate has recently completed, or is currently enrolled, in an accredited mortuary program.
– Associate degree is required for licensure.
– Valid driver’s license and a clean driving history.
– Ability to obtain a life insurance license at some point.
– Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and database software.
– Ability to pass a drug test and a background check.
– Ability to pass both the National Board exams and the State Funeral Board exams at the appropriate time.
– Health and life insurance 100% paid by our company. Dental, vision, and disability insurance is available.
– Paid vacation, holiday, and sick days.
– Professional licensing fees paid as well as CEUs and professional development.
– Paid company cell phone.
Please send a resume with salary requirements to: Kristine@HartensteinCares.com.