Hartenstein Funeral & Cremation Care, Inc.
Our firm is looking to add a talented, experienced, and compassionate funeral director to our staff. Our funeral directors work together to create a seamless and meaningful experience for the families that have placed their trust in us. As a privately-owned funeral home located in southern York County with two locations and an on-site crematory, our company companions over three hundred families a year.
We have two teams of funeral directors that alternate working on call every other weekend, and, in addition, each funeral director takes on call responsibility for one evening a week. We offer both weekends and weekdays off each month, ensuring a good work/life balance. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively, manage relationships with those you serve and work with while also handling the pressures of managing details within our ever-changing profession. There are opportunities for advancement for the right individual.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Meeting with client families to arrange personalized and meaningful services.
– Ensuring the proper paperwork is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
– Regularly coordinate and direct funeral services.
– Work on-call in rotation with other team members.
– Professionally coordinate and direct a variety of personalized services and support staff with
– Provide appropriate care and preparation for deceased: transfers, embalming, dressing,
cosmetics, sanitary care, etc.
– Ability to operate a crematory or become certified.
– Other duties as assigned.
– PA Funeral Director’s license or ability to reciprocate.
– Minimum two year’s funeral home experience.
– Valid driver’s license and a clean driving history.
– Ability to obtain a life insurance license.
– Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and database software.
– Ability to pass a drug test and a background check.
– Health and life insurance are 100% employer paid.
– Dental, vision, and disability insurance are available.
– Paid vacation, holiday, and sick days.
– Rotating scheduled weekends, weekdays, and evenings off duty.
– Professional licensing fees paid as well as CEUs and professional development.
– Company paid cell phone.
We are looking for talented individuals who have a desire to excel in their field and can provide the families we serve with exceptional care and meaningful funeral experiences. The potential candidate should have a willingness to learn and grow with our organization. Please send a resume with salary requirements to: Kristine@HartensteinCares.com